Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Tank Scorned

Finally free from my Technology Infrastructure take-home exam. It was probably the worst exam I had experienced yet ever since I took my Master degree. We were tasked to form a company strategy from a scratch for an imaginary airline company regarding the Information Technology department. The test required a lot of stuffs to explain, such as the current status of the industry, the application to be used and why, the structure for the IT department that we would create, and a Gantt chart that we never have learned at all before.

I was so proud of my work that I would love to share it to you guys, but I know you don't want to read seven-pages long of something that doesn't interest you nor do I want to write them all over again, so I'm going to summarize it in one picture. Because, you know, they said a picture is worth a thousand words.

Here you go

I celeberated the passing peace time by playing multiple Hexakill matches in League of Legends. And then I went to try the new Civilizations game - Beyond Earth, which is one of the main reason why I haven't been writing this already even though the events had happened two days ago. But really, who could stop playing Civilizations after only 20-30 turns before clicking 'End Turn' became their subconcious action?

So anyway, I also decided to go and watch Fury, a movie set in the final months of World War II with the main focus of the titular tank, Fury, and its five crew members. The crew was led by Don 'Wardaddy' Collier who was played by Brad Pitt, which means this is the second time he's leading a band of crazy-ass sons-of-bitches in WW II, minus his totally fake Italian.

 And it somehow made Shia LaBeouf tolerable too

I got interested watching it because aside from it being a war movie and having a good rating, it also made a goddamn tank as the main focus. I've loved tanks since I was at 6th grade, just go and ask my classmates back at junior high, since I draw tanks a lot back then.

It was all thanks to Command & Conquer: Red Alert that I got so attached to them. Even now, whenever I play RTS games my army would consist mostly of tanks (and air units), and I would hop in a tank whenever I got a chance to in Planetside 2. And I'm sure that even the movie trailer could make a World of Tanks player get a sudden boner.

"TAAAAAAAAAANKS!!!!"

Now, I have already established the condition before that I don't do movie reviews much, unless I want to diss at it so badly because it was so damn horrible and someone made me watch it, so I'll make it brief; The movie is worth to watch in cinemas, it shows great combat scenes and gives the general idea of how much war actually sucks in real life despite all of its glory (they didn't claim that "war is hell" just for the heck of it).

Oh, and also, tanks.

"TAAAAAAAAAANKS!!!!"

That's about it, I don't want to risk spoiling anything from the story because I do believe that there is a special place in hell for people who loves spoiling stories to other people, especially when they're good stories. All I can tell you is that you should be expecting a Saving Private Ryan meets 300.

The movie made a point about human morality, which also made me question the morality of the fellow audiences in the theater with me by that time. One douchebag who was sitting right next to me was obviously mentally challenged because he don't know how to put his phone on silent, so there were several message alert tones throughout the movie, and one goddamn phone call.

This happens to him in seven days after that, hopefully

And then some others giggled at multiple moments which were totally not funny in any way, ruining the mood of the scenes. I mean, why else would you snicker at a hanged dead body unless you're a psychopath? Some even happened during the scenes where we were supposed to feel sad  or tense watching them. Really, what is wrong with people these days?

But nothing tops this one particular fat guy who were totally laughing his ass off when a Nazi soldier got mauled by a tank machine gun. I'm so glad he's not right next to me as well, because I bet he was hysterical during the last climatic battle. I get it, Nazis are bad, but what the hell man?

This thing is only hilarious when it's not happening IRL

Thankfully the movie itself managed to distract me enough to forget about them... Until it abruptly stopped playing for a couple of minutes due to technical problems, during the final battle. Apparently, it's true that when it rains, it pours.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's annoyed by these kind of things. It's okay to do those shit when you're watching a movie all by yourself, but doing them in a movie theater where people actually paid to watch a movie to get a full experience out of it is just plain evil, because you would ruin the very thing they were seeking in the first place.

Oh well, whatever, at least I was still able to enjoy the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment