Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Stulti

It's 1 April today... The dreaded April Fool's day.

I remember in the early days when I was still young, I would always get fooled by people, probably because I was a lot more trusting and naive person back then, not to mention cute.

However after I grew older I can see through hoaxes and scams a lot more easier, mostly because of the experience from getting scammed all the time before. Or maybe because I just can't trust other people that much anymore.

Especially here in Indonesia

That's about me getting fooled. On the other way around, however, I rarely do that. I just don't really like the idea of fooling people in a large scale like that and act like it's just a 'tradition', even though nearly all of the perperators don't even know how and why it became a tradition on the first place.

Now before anyone starts with the torch raid, I do find many April Fool's joke as funny, especially when they made it so obvious that it's hilarious. But the ones that I have problem with are the ones that are too extreme or downright stupidly offensive, and there were also those that were not even funny to begin with.

Although I actually did this shit once

And if you tried to pull off one today, hopefully your target audience was smart enough to realize that they've been had when the prank is over and also forgiving for that matter, because it will cause a huge commotion that neither one of you would want to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment