Wednesday, March 12, 2014

You're so Noisy

So I have this headphone with microphone attached to it, a Philips VoIP, or so it claims to be because everything about it doesn't feel like a Philips product at all. It works fine at first, however the volume control on the cable turned out to be a pain in the ass later on, a simple nudge on it or too much adjustment will crush the audio like the ones you get when you tune in your radio and haven't reached any channel yet.

Might want to ask your parents why we need to play with that round thing

The worse part? It was so damn expensive I wiped out my savings to buy any future anime figurines that I might have interest in (only the savings in my wallet though). The worst part? I can get similar headset for half that price which looks a lot more comfortable to wear, and with good rating testimonials too, and it's available for online delivery purchase.

I reckon I should just suck it up and take it like a man, because what else can I do? It's already pass the 2 weeks warranty and I don't believe this is a genuine product so I can't bring it to any Philips outlet to complain about it. That's what I get for getting so worked up and not thinking clearly because I accidentally broke my phone's bluetooth earphone and not checking online stores first.

Which is also the base explanation to these abnormalities

Anyway, it's still working so far despite its frequent annoyance, thankfully. And the mic is solid enough to be used for recording and voice chats, although there was no software that comes with it which means the option settings for the mic is very limited to standard plug-and-play settings.

However, there is another problem. Ever since I decided to clean up my PC around the beginning of the month, I started to get static noise whenever I do recording. I was afraid that I accidentally nudged a component and caused this, or the mic somehow got messed up. Because of that I decided to reduce the microphone transmit volume to dampen the noise a bit, but this only cause my already low-pitched voice became very hard to hear. It's still fine for voice chats though, because I can adjust it within the chat program.

And yesterday after searching for possible causes and solutions, from unplugging the front mic connection to the motherboard up to making deals with Satan, and I still can't find one that works. Curious with the effect of the fan sound I tried to press the casing to try dampening it... and suddenly the noise disappeared right then.

If it was a Pokémon battle, I might have hit myself so hard

Thinking that it was caused by vibrating casing, I tried to place objects to press the casing, but it was to no avail. It turns out that merely touching the casing solved the problem, which might indicate that my pc wanted more skinships than I thought it would. A friend of mine suggested that it might be caused by improper grounding and I should try grounding my PC, but he's not sure himself and I have no idea how to do it anyway.

Even until now I don't know what happened and what triggered it, but for now the only solution I have is to touch the casing with any part of my foot whenever I want to do to recording. Hopefully this won't turn my PC into a weird foot fetishist because that would be problematic in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment