Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cleaning Out My Closet, And Everything Else Around it

Yesterday marks the start of the Anime Festival Asia in Indonesia (AFAID), making it the 3rd time that it's being held here. I didn't go there yesterday nor today though, I planned to be there on Sunday. It's not because that the first two days are less interesting than the third, I just can't really afford to go to all three days, and not to mention that it's going to be exhausting for me.

The one thing that I'm concerned about is the merchandise. I know that I won't be able to buy a lot of stuffs, but that's exactly why I'm worried, since the ones I actually want might probably got sold out already by Sunday. And there's also the events that only takes place on the first two days too.

I have decided to live my life with no regrets, but missing this view is just too much

Since I didn't go, I decided to spend my Friday at home, trying to write more stuffs for you guys (more for myself, actually) and watch the newest episode of RWBY season 2. Oh, and I also cleaned up the whole second floor of my house, especially my own room. Now it's neater than ever.

Hold your applause.

Before I start writing anything else, let me tell you that I'm not the kind of guy whose room will be sparkling whenever you visit him; I, like probably most of the single people you know who dwells mostly within their room and only comes out for daily necessities, don't like doing chores.

Seriously, if it were up to me, then I would be fine living in a room with books and papers scattered everywhere, cables tied up together, 5-days-used pants lying around. I even have two spiders living somewhere around my room and I don't know where they are right now, but they show up occassionaly. They're open for adoption, by the way, if anyone is interested.

But I have my own limit bar for messiness, especially when it involves too much dusts since I'm allergic to them. And doing chores becomes obligatory when you're married or still living with your parents; Aside from the ungodly annoying level of nagging, there's also the risk that they 'd just do it for you whether you like it or not, and it usually ends up in tragedy.

WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYTHING??

However, as much as I don't like doing it, I found out that there are somethings that can be gained by cleaning up at least your hermit territory.

The first obvious one is, of course, your room will look a lot better than before. And since you're the one doing the clean up, you yourself know where your stuffs are, not to mention you're free to arrange the things around to your own preference.

The second one, also a no-brainer, is that you will reduce your chance to catch disease, especially if you're allergic to dust like me. Trust me, you'll feel the difference after you clean up your room and its surroundings when you compare to the previous shipwreck version of them.

The third one is a little subtle, yet it's the one that have the best impact for me; it's the feeling of accomplishment and doing something useful in your life.

"Man, fuck school, this is where the real deal is at"

It has been established before that cleaning can relieve some stress in several ways, especially when I do it while listening to upbeat musics and do some hammer time. It's one of the few opportunities where I could just dance around while contributing to my house aside from in the shower. And as someone who hates working out and has not married yet, it's a very effective and fun physical activity.

And since I'm also a figure collector, I do feel the need to keep the dust level in my room to the bare minimum, or there will be dirts stuck on them that would be hard to clean up afterwards. And some of you may also know how hard it is to clean them without damaging the parts or the paintings when they become too dirty.

Besides, I wouldn't mind cleaning up her whole body everyday

Make no mistake, that doesn't mean I'm going to do house cleaning routinely, I'm still going to do it only once in a while. But when I'm actually doing it, I know that I should savor every moment of it and keep the positive thought that I'm not doing it for anyone else but myself instead of thinking of it as some burden. Here's some tips I found on the internet in case you're also too lazy to do it and my experience didn't help.

Oh, and by the way, if there's anyone of you going to AFAID tomorrow, hope I can see you guys there as well. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment