Monday, September 15, 2014

Not the Shadow of Chernobyl, but Still a Stalker

So for this last semester we got this subject called Working Across Borders, a one credit subject that is supposed to be about how to maintain a working condition when you're abroad. Like for instance, learning the country's local language, studying their culture, trying to read their hand signals, or trying not to laugh on their unique way of communicating, stuffs like that.

As for what I was personally expecting from the lesson, I would love to know more about how to reach out to the majority of the people despite the cultural difference, learning what they all would love to get and what they don't. Because this blog, for some reason, have more foreign readers compared to the ones from Indonesia (probably because of the language used, quite a surprise there). And I thought it would be nice to know about this subject should I be working within foreign community.

This place comes to mind

However there is a huge problem that comes in the form of the lecturer himself. First of all, he's very loud, which is quite normal since I've been seeing a lot of people that are louder than him. Not to mention we actually had someone who was as loud as he is in one of our past subjects, and he gave us all terrible grades too.

Second, he talks very fast, which I actually symphatize because I also talk fast. I know exactly how it feels like when you finally managed to form a sentence in your mind, speak it out, only to have your listener saying "huh?" and asks you to repeat that same thing at least three more times... which sometimes ends up with the listener smiles awkwardly because he had no idea what were you saying, or they would ask another listener to repeat what you just said.

While all you can do is smile and murder them in your head over and over again

But all that sympathy got drained to  the moment he displayed the third problem; giving us a mountain of tasks to do. Okay, I know I'm a lazy-ass bastard, so you might think I was just being one right then. But at least I know how much assignments you should be getting for a goddamn one credit, I spent six years in bachelor degree and almost two years here in master, I am fully aware that there is something wrong with that quantity.

And of course, it should have been manageable, considering the fact that I've been in worse situation (hurray electrical engineering, hurray military training). Yet our dear Mr. lecturer broke every form of respect I have for him by, erm, stalking one our classmate. Yes, she's a girl. No, I shit you not.

It looked like a harmless self-introduction at first, small talks, exchanging business cards. So I thought he might probably offer a place for advices to my friend who runs her own business, probably showing his good side at last.

And that's when he went full retard.

Holy shit, even my psychiatrist didn't message me right after one session

Seriously, how could you message someone you barely know, in the middle of the night, while asking some trivial thing like that? He didn't even give up at all on the next day. Naturally, my friend didn't bother replying. And since he's keeping it professional, he stopped messa- oh, wait.

Nope

He actually used two numbers in his attempt to contact her (notice the date and time). Of course, my friend didn't reply to that as well, and she's starting to get creeped out. But the peak of it all happened on the last weekend.

You know your teaching career is failing when your own student tagged you as 'Creep don't answer' on their phone

He actually asked her out for a coffee. it's not even 7am yet. As one of my friend pointed out, it kinda gave out the impression that she's the one he has on his mind right after he wakes up in the morning. And since we only met him once at class, that is creepy as fuck.

I've been single for 26 years, but I have never been that desperate in my entire life. Even if that was not his intention, it's just plain stupid. He's supposed to be teaching us the ethics and methods on working with different culture, why in the hell would he be doing this then? People keep saying that those who loves 2D characters more than real people are freaks. But hey, at least we would never creep out a lady by stalking them.

Now I just hope that guy would never gain access to the class roster data to find out my friend's address and went all Jack Nicholson because she's been ignoring his messages. To my friend, may I suggest locking your windows, and close the curtains from now on. Installing window bars won't hurt too.

And get sturdier doors while you're at it

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. serius horor bgt itu, ampe g mau masuk kelas lg dia sampe masalah beres

      sekelas petisi ganti dosen, smoga jadi deh -_-

      Delete