Sunday, October 5, 2014

Behaviors, Emotions, and Well Wishes

I had a meeting last week with my group in college to plan for our presentation (that we already did on Thursday) at a quite fancy restaurant, in which I didn't order any food even though I didn't need to pay up either. It was the usual group meeting for me; watching the rest of the group having a lively discussion, agreeing and commenting every decisions they made. Just the standard being actively passive method.

It's not that I don't want to contribute or anything, I just couldn't do it at all (would you expect someone who's been properly conditioned to sit down and shut up in his entire childhood to express their opinion freely?). Especially when every other member of my group were the most influential trio in our class batch, while I've been the class ghost since elementary school.

And strangely enough, nobody knew who to call until now

Anyway, after we finished our group discussion, we proceeded to leave the restaurant. On the way out, there was this some idiot looking little girl not-really sitting on her chair with her parents staring at us, and then she screamed "Oh my God!!" when she saw my face.

Now I'm not entirely sure what exactly happened, but I consider 3 possibilities. The first one is that my massive concentration of dazzling acne around my face amazed her so much that she wet her pants, the second is that she suddenly got the urge to spew her bladder all over the table and just realized it only too late, and the third is that she managed to identify me as a real ghost instead.

But regardless of the reason, that was just plain rude. Even more so than pointing at the face of someone you didn't know. However, I've learned to let the matter go and just deal with it with a cool mind, like imagining throwing that kid from the 3rd floor and see whether her parents would yell the same thing or not.

"Oh my God!!"

Still, since she's still very little, I do believe her ethical problem did not come from her own; I'm more certain that she simply didn't recieve sufficient guidance in her own family. Or maybe their parenting method is not going well (like mine did). Or her parents bad behavior rubbed off to her. All of which they probably would never admit, forever.

This is one of the reason why some people seems like they were born an asshole, and sometimes they're a total saint. Aside from the most obvious factor that is the environment influence, like from school, or friends, or TV. That's why you would find someone who would honk like madman when the traffic lights is telling you to stop, and also someone who would feel so guilty when they simply didn't reply to your Facebook message.

I know it's hard not to get mad straight away at people who mistreats you, even I would still hope the idiots who crowded the entrance to the bus that makes it hard for people to get in and out fall down to their demise under a passing car tires. But at least I could think about this thought when I have calmed down, and realize that their douchebaggery might not be entirely their fault.

After fantasizing their proper demise, that is

I also realize that I could be a pain in the butt too at times. I can only hope those that I've wronged would understand. And since the time is also appropriate, I would love to apologize to them as well. Eid Mubarak~

2 comments:

  1. How about a research on "car without horn" ? I've been thinking about this,actually. Instrumental Aggressiveness. And maybe some implication to Culture. One more thing, "You can hate them,but never disrespect them" help me a lot in this too.
    Btw, how old is the girl? Thx for your time bro. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there are times that horns are useful or even essential. But if there's any alternative to it then maybe it could be looked into.

    The girl is probably around 5-6 y/o, and yes she looked like there's some screw loose, but I guess that's just me and my subjectivism since she did annoyed me for a bit.

    Aaaaanyway, pake bahasa indonesia jg gpp kale bro lol.

    ReplyDelete